We’re Fueled By Passion for Eye Health
We are redefining vision care to change the way patients and eye care providers interact. We’re solving a real world problem – the growing need for access to quality eye care. The need is not restricted to one country. It’s global. It’s meaningful. It matters. And we’re leading the way. If you want to do something that’s never been done – and have fun doing it – then Retina Labs is the place for you.
Current Openings: 2 (1 Sales, 1 Software Development)
Retina Labs is a Canadian healthcare software company specializing in teleophthalmology. The company’s primary focus is on Teleretinal Diabetic Retinopathy Screening (TDRS). Retina Labs TDRS solution is a robust and HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based platform designed specifically for screening for chronic eye diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, macular degeneration and retinopathy of prematurity. iVision integrates ocular imaging, clinical workflows and reporting into a single-source, cloud-based teleretinal screening solution that provides all the features necessary to manage the screening process, including image capture, upload, diagnostic viewing, grading, clinical interpretation, and structured reporting. The company has an established customer base in Canada is seeking to expand internationally with emphasis on the US healthcare market.
You will be responsible for engaging with executives and other key stakeholders to drive new business opportunities with primary care physician groups, health systems, IDNs, ACOs and insurance payers in the US market. Working from a virtual or home office, your geographic focus will encompass the entire US market. Some travel required (approximately 25%).
- Develop strategies and tactics to generate revenues within targeted market segments.
- Identify prospects, research target accounts and develop prospecting campaigns.
- Present Retina Labs solutions to C-Suite and physician executives.
- Qualify and close sales opportunities to meet revenue targets.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of our product offerings, capabilities and competitive advantage.
- Work closely with our device partners to offer integrated solutions to customers and to collaborate on joint sales opportunities.
- Lead entire sales cycle from initial opportunity creation to finalizing opportunity outcome. This includes prospecting campaigns, driving the discovery process at meetings with both prospects and clients, forecasting, and ultimately closing the deal.
- Liaise with the client services team to ensure success of new client implementations and pilot projects.
- Manage client relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- 5+ years of field sales experience in medical device, telehealth, healthcare IT/digital health field.
- Proven track record in meeting or exceeding sales targets with documented experience selling to C-suite executives, including presenting and negotiating opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge of the US health system including the interaction of payers and providers and the structure IDNs and ACOs.
- Knowledge of the eye care industry and ocular health a definite asset.
- Possess strategic and consultative sales abilities.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Highly organized and structured work ethic.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong computer skills (Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
You will be working on developing new features and improving our existing teleophthalmology applications, which are based on Java technologies.
An ideal candidate would have the following skills and characteristics:
- Java and object-oriented design: 3+ years’ work experience
- Spring MVC: 3+ years’ work experience
- Spring Security: 3+ years’ work experience
- Spring Core framework: 3+ years’ work experience
ORM, preferably Hibernate: 3+ years’ work experience
- Unit and integration testing: 3+ years’ work experience
- Application servers, preferably Tomcat: 3+ years’ work experience
- Relational database servers (MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle): 3+ years’ work experience
The following desired skills are an asset:
- Web Services
- Version control system (SVN, Git) and continuous integration
- Knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies
- Bilingual (English and French)
We value good colleagues, teamwork and open communication highly, and are looking for a person with the following characteristics:
- Positive and proactive
- A team player
- Can work independently on tasks
- Takes responsibility and pride in their work
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Swift learner
- Behave ethically
- Can adhere to the policies and procedures of the company
Location: Montreal, Quebec