Retina Labs COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Retina Labs first priority is the health, safety, and well-being of its employees, patients, and the communities it serves across the country. To that end, the company has implemented the following safety measures:
- We closely follow instruction and guidance as issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in helping provide a united front against COVID-19.
- We educate our staff and provide oversight to ensure that they are following all the recommended standards.
- Retina Labs employees are provided with education and support to recognize signs and symptoms of COVID-19, persons at risk, and measures to take when caring for clients with or exposed to COVID-19.
- Employees are also self-screening for symptoms prior to the start of any member visit or shift.
- Furthermore, employees are instructed not to come to work if they are sick.
- All field employees are instructed to use to use Personal Protective Equipment (masks and gloves) when caring for any member with signs and symptoms of respiratory illness. When caring for members, we require field employees to change their masks and gloves and use hand sanitizer prior to each encounter.
- Retina Labs is following CDC travel-related guidelines, which instruct all international travelers to stay home for 14 days after returning from travel, monitoring their health, and practicing social distancing.
- Retina Labs has established processes to facilitate communication and to provide daily updates to all of our offices and employees as the situation continues to evolve, to keep member, clients and caregivers safe.